Friday, March 20, 2009

Napping Across Europe

Greetings from the pasta capitol of the world!

So I have been doing some thinking about my travels, and I've come to realize a few things about myself.  

First, let me start by saying that before I left, I vowed to dance in every beautiful place I came across.  Well, I've been doing a lot of dancing.  But, I've also been doing a lot of napping.  I took a splendid nap in Venice, in the sun, in a little alcove next to the Grand Canal.  I took some good naps in various parks in Paris.  I took a glorious nap on a beach in Barcelona, sprawled out in the sun.  I'm going to be going to Cinque Terre, and I'm planning on taking a nap there.  When I go to Sienna in a week, I'm going to nap there.  I'm going to go back to Rome for a day, and you know what, I'm going to nap there as well.  I think that I'm going to travel the world and write a book on napping my way around the globe.  hahaha!  Do you think anyone would read it?

I've also realized that I love pasta.  At this point it might be beyond love, it might be an addiction.  Over spring break I went a week (just a week) without eating pasta, and I went into withdrawal.  I missed pasta, I even missed boring red sauce.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I eat pasta for dinner 6 nights a week.  And the only reason it's only 6 is because about one day a week I have pasta for lunch and don't eat it for dinner because I'm too stuffed to make a big meal again.  This could be a problem!




all my love,
Emily

No comments: