Thursday, April 2, 2009

We do actually do work...






Katy, Joey and I have been talking a lot about places we've been, things we've seen, and things we've tried, but we haven't discussed anything about why we came to Italy in the first place: our studies!

The school here is a lot different than our little art department.  There's a lot more students  here (around 150!), and of course it's in a city.  I honestly miss our department terribly.  Our sense of family, the way we interact, critique and encourage one another, and of course how much fun we have together, I just don't think you can find that anywhere else!  I find the environment here rather hard to work in.  But, nevertheless, I have been working!

I love my Batik class. We paint on silk, and we also dip silk scarves into different dye baths.  I am really on a roll with it right now; I can't get enough of it!  Up above you can see a detail from a scarf I just finished, with Pinocchio dancing!

I've also been painting, of course.  I'm not as much into painting right now as I would like to be.  Batik, writing and photography have been taking over my creative mind.  I have done some paintings based off of Paris architecture (the first painting), and some small paintings based off of quiet moments in my life (second painting).  I am also in the middle of two paintings based off of Pere-Lachaise (you can see one of them, the last).  My trip to France gave me a lot of inspiration, if you couldn't tell.  

So thats just a bit of what I've been doing.  Katy and Joey have been busy as well.  I don't want you guys thinking we've completely forgotten about our studies!

all my love,
Emily

No comments: