Friday, January 30, 2009

Fitting In



Ciao Guys!

What's that? It hasn't been three weeks since I've blogged last? That's right.
I just felt that it was necessary to document the progression that I've been making since I've been here, at least as far as how I've been dressing. At first I was getting by with the clothes I brought from home. No big deal. But the thing is, whenever I would walk to class, go to the Duomo, or wherever, I was feeling a little outclassed by my Italian brethren. So I've tweaked a few things in order to "go with the flow" if you will. Just today, Emily and I were strolling through the San Lorenzo market and I picked up a scarf from a really nice vendor. She was very helpful and I think cut me a deal for my scarf, or at least she said she did. I also bought a pair of snazzy shoes and jeans a couple weeks back. So what do you guys think? Am I fitting in? I'm getting there for sure.

On another note, the dinner I cooked (Stilton and Walnut Sauce Pasta) went over pretty well on Wednesday. It wouldn't have without the help of my roommates though. Probably the worst part of it was the fact that I didn't consider that we needed a nut cracker for the walnuts. haha
Jill had to hit the walnuts (placed in plastic bags) with the rolling pin, which actually worked pretty well, and then her and Katy sieved through them so we would eat the edible parts. It's really a team effort when we get together to have our family meals.
Other than that, Jordan and Katy headed to Rome today, and then Anna, Emily, and I will head out tomorrow via train. Jill heads out there next weekend. It should be awesome and I know either Katy, Emily, or I will let you all know all about it!
I hope everyone is well and isn't having to hassle with the snow too much!

Ciao,
Joey

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Joey!
You've succumbed to the "Euro-Man Scarf"! Bill had a similar experience while in Paris: He felt "not up to snuff" compared to all the dapper Parisian men, so he, too, bought a "M.S." to wear. Welcome to the Club. You look great! And so happy. I love the fact that your hair is taking on a life of it's own...looking forward to the next Stevenson Installment!
Melissa

Nancy said...

Hey Joey:
You look great!! I love the scarf. You remind me of the singer Andrea Bocelli now. :) I wondered how your meal went, sounds delicious.
Thanks for the update, can't wait to hear more.
Nancy